- Date of birth:
- September,1, 191
- Place of birth:
- Kosorzha village Shchigrovsky region Kursk oblast
- 1974 - Kharkov Institute of Railway Transport after S.M.Kirov
- 198 - Rostov Higher Party school
- State Awards:
- The Order of Friendship, the Order of Merit for the Fatherland, the Gratitude of the President of the Russian Federation
- The main stages of career growth :
- 1969-1974 – a student of Kharkov Institute of Railway Transport after S.M.Kirov, Secretary of Machinery Faculty Komsomol Committee
- After service in the Soviet army from 1976 to 1991 was involved in Komsomol and Party work
- 1991-1993 – the Chairman of Shchigrovsky region Soviet of People’s Deputies
- 1994-2000- Deputy of the State Duma Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation
- November, 2000 - was elected the Governor of Kursk oblast (the date of taking office- November, 18 2000)
- March 4, 200 – took office of the Governor of Kursk oblast for the second time.
- On the proposal of D.A. Medvedev, the President of the Russian Federation, on March, 1 2010 Kursk State Duma elected A.N. Mikhailov the Governor of Kursk oblast for the third term.
From the first person
- September 28, 2011
Today Kursk oblast takes a well deserved place among dynamically developing Central regions of the Russian Federation. The following statistics prove this fact. The volume of regional gross output per person in 2009 put Kursk oblast in the 8th place among other central regions. Kursk oblast also got the 4th place for the rate of gross regional output growth.